In the present study the induced effects of Permethrin, Decis and Monocrotophos have been observed against common pigeon Columba livia. Two doses (20 and 40 units) of each pesticides were applied. The selected concentration of Permethrin and Decis were 0.25% while in the case of monocrotophos it was 0.5% after 1 day, 3rd days, 7th days, 15th day and 28th days treatment mortality was noted in all three pesticides. 3 days post treatment with 20 unit dose cholinesterase activity and protein contents were also estimated in liver, kidney, muscles, heart and testis injection method was adopted for pesticide application.
PDF References Citation
How to cite this article
Rahila Tabassum, Karim Gabol, Masarrat Yousuf and M.Z. Khan, 2003. Induced Effect of Pesticides on Pigeon (Liver, Kidney, Testis, Heart uscles and Fat). Journal of Biological Sciences, 3: 496-501.
- Bradbury, S.P. and J.R. Coats, 1982. Toxicity of fenvalerate to bobwhite quail (Colinus virginianus) including brain and liver residues associated with mortality. J. Toxicol. Envir. Health, 10: 307-319.
- Casida, J.E., 1980. Pyrethrum flowers and pyrethroid insecticides. Environ. Health Perspect., 34: 189-202.
- Elliott, M., N.F. Janes, E.C. Kimmel and J.E. Casida, 1972. Metabolic fate of pyrethrin I, pyrethrin II and allethrin administered orally to rats. J. Agric. Food Chem., 20: 300-313.
- Haya, K., 1989. Toxicity of pyrethroid insecticides to fish. Environ. Toxicol. Chem., 8: 381-391.
- Hill, E.F., 1989. Sex and storage effect on cholinesterase activity in blood plasma of Japanese quail. J. Wildlife Dis., 25: 580-585.
- Nicolaus, L.K. and H. Lee, 1999. Low acute exposure to organophosphate produces long-term changes in bird feeding behaviour. Ecol. Appl., 9: 1039-1049.
- Wilson, B., M. Hooper, E. Littrell, P. Detrich, M. Mansen, C. Weisskopf and J. Seiber, 1991. Orchard dormant sprays and exposure of red-tailed Hawks to organophosphates. Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol., 47: 717-724.