A series of new 5-(4-chlorophenyl)-9-iodo-3-substituted-1,2,4-triazolo[4,3-c]quinazoline and 2- (4-chlorophenyl)-6-iodo-4-substituted-quinazoline was prepared via several synthetic routes. Some of the compounds were prepared by cyclization of 2-(4-chlorophenyl)-4-chloro-6-iodoquinazoline with semicarbazide or acid hydrazide; other compounds were obtained from reaction of 2-(4-chlorophenyl)-4-chloro-6-iodoquinazoline with some amines and amino acid esters. The synthesized compounds were evaluated as anti-inflammatory agents through the carrageenin-induced paw edema test. The screening data revealed that nine of the tested compounds have activity comparable to indomethacin.
PDF References Citation
How to cite this article
Mosaad Sayed Mohamed, Mohamed Kamal Ibrahim, Ahmed Mahmoud Alafify, Sami Gaber Abdel-Hamide and Adel M. Mostafa, 2005. Synthesis and Anti-inflammatory Evaluation of Some New Quinazoline Derivatives. International Journal of Pharmacology, 1: 261-266.
- Inmaculada, R., T. Carmen, U. Amalia, M. Pedro, T. Alberto, G.T. Antonia and M.A. Jose, 2002. A pyrroloquinazoline derivative with anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity by dual inhibition of cyclo-oxygenase-2 and 5-lipoxygenase. Eur. J. Pharmacol., 434: 177-185.
- Masanori, T., I. Yoshiali, T. Hideyuki, N. Takahiro, T. Hirotada, F. Tominaga and H. Hideya, 2003. Discovery of quinazolines as a novel structural class of potent inhibitors of NF-κB activation. Bioorganic Med. Chem., 11: 383-391.
- Masanori, T., I. Yoshiali, T. Hideyuki, N. Takahiro, T. Hirotada, F. Tominaga and H. Hideya, 2003. Structural activity relationship of 6-fluoroquinazolines: dual acting compounds with inhibitory activities toward both TNF-α production and T cell proliferation. Bioorganic Med. Chem., 11: 609-616.
- Masanori, T., I. Yoshiali, T. Hideyuki, N. Takahiro, T. Hirotada, F. Tominaga and H. Hideya, 2003. A novel structural class of potent inhibitors of NF-κB activation: Structural activity relationship and biological effects of 6-aminoquinazoline derivatives. Bioorganic Med. Chem., 11: 3869-3878.
- Chao, Q., L. Deny, H. Shib, L.M. Leoni, D. Genini, D.A. Carson and H.B. Cottam, 2001. Synthesis and pharmacological study of 1-methyl-5-(substituted 3,4-dihydro-4-oxoquinazolin-3-yl)-1H-pyrazole-4-actetates. J. Med. Chem., 36: 737-742.
- Mohamed, S.M., K.I. Mohammed, M.A. Ahmed and S.G. Abdel-Hamide, 2004. Quinazoline related derivatives with antimicrobial activities: Part II. J. Biol. Sci., 4: 504-509.