Thirty four isolates of endophytic fungus produce phytases were isolated from leaf, stem and root fragments of soybean. Two isolates were the best of phytases enzyme producer and identified as Rhizoctonia sp. and Fusarium verticillioides. The phytase production was induced by phytate in medium used. The crude preparations were used in subsequent characterization studies, pH and temperature optimum and compared to other phytases tested and is thus a promising candidate for animal feed applications. The results showed that optimal production of phytase from Rhizoctonia sp. were pH 4.0 and temperature 50oC and pH 5.0, temperature 50oC for Fusarium verticillioides.
PDF References Citation
How to cite this article
Yetti Marlida, Rina Delfita, Peri Adnadi and Gita Ciptaan, 2010. Isolation, Characterization and Production of Phytase from Endophytic Fungus its Application for Feed. Pakistan Journal of Nutrition, 9: 471-474.
- Greiner, R. and U. Konietzny, 2006. Phytase for food aplication. Food Technol. Biotechnol., 44: 125-140.
- Greiner, R., U. Konietzny and K.D. Jany, 1993. Purification and characterization of two phytases from Escherichia coli. Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 303: 107-113.
- Greiner, R., E. Haller, U. Konietzny and K.D. Jany, 1997. Purification and characterization of A Phytase from Klebsiella Terrigena. Arch. Biochem. Biophys., 341: 201-206.
- Howson, S.J. and R.J. Davis, 1983. Production of phytate-hydrolysing enzyme by fungi. J. Enzyme Microbiol. Technol., 5: 377-382.
- Kim, T.W. and X.G. Lei, 2005. An improved method for a rapid determination of phytase activity in animal feed. J. Anim. Sci., 83: 1062-1067.
- Powar, V.K. and V. Jagannathan, 1982. Purfication and properties of phytate-specific phosphatase from Bacillus subtilis. J. Bacteriol., 151: 1102-1108.
- Quan, C., L. Zhang, Y. Wang and Y. Ohta, 2001. Production of phytase in a low phosphate medium by a novel yeast Candida krusei. J. Biosci. Bioeng., 9: 154-160.
- Shah, V. and L.J. Parekh, 1990. Phytase From Klebsiellasp. No. pg-2: Purification and properties. Indian J. Biochem. Biophys., 27: 98-102.
- Yoon, S.J., Y.J. Choi, H.K. Min, K.K. Cho, J.W. Kim, S.C. Lee and Y.H. Jung, 1996. Isolation and identification of phytase-producing bacterium, Enterobactersp. 4 and enzymatic properties of phytase enzyme. Enzyme Microbiol. Technol., 18: 449-454.