This study investigate the retailers optimal cycle time and optimal payment time under suppliers trade credit policy and cash discount policy. Mathematical models have been derived for obtaining the optimal cycle time and optimal payment policy for item under suppliers trade credit and cash discount so that the annual total relevant cost is minimized. Furthermore, numerical examples have given to illustrate the results developed in this study and a lot of managerial insights have obtained.
PDF References Citation
How to cite this article
Yung-Fu Huang, 2004. Optimal Cycle Time and Optimal Payment Time under Supplier Credit. Journal of Applied Sciences, 4: 630-635.
- Aggarwal, S.P. and C.K. Jaggi, 1995. Ordering policies of deteriorating items under permissible delay in payments. J. Operational Res. Soci., 46: 658-662.
- Chung, K.J., 1998. A theorem on the determination of economic order quantity under conditions of permissible delay in payments. Comput. Operat. Res., 25: 49-52.
- Jamal, A.A.M., B.R. Sarker and S. Wang, 1997. An ordering policy for deteriorating items with allowable shortage and permissible delay in payments. J. Operational Res. Soc., 48: 826-833.
- Jamal, A.M.M., B.R. Sarker and S. Wang, 2000. Optimal payment time for a retailer under permitted delay of payment by the wholesaler. Int. J. Prod. Econ., 66: 59-66.
- Huang, Y.F. and K.J. Chung, 2003. Optimal replenishment and payment policies in the EOQ model under cash discount and trade credit. Asia Pac. J. Operat. Res., 20: 177-190.