The sexual maturity, egg quantity and productivity of 175 Syrian local hens of primary flock were studied for 150 days. Our results indicated that the age of sexual maturity was 206 days. The egg quantity average of the flock was 73.04 eggs, while it was 82.12 and 60.38 eggs for selected hens (egg quantity) and discarded respectively. The percentage of egg production was 49%. The average of egg weight was 50.85 gr. Egg mass amounted 24.58 gr/hen/day, while the egg productivity was 0.49 egg/hen/day. The Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR) was 4.6 kg. fodder/1 kg eggs. These results showed that the selected hens were better than discarded ones. Therefore, it is necessary to continue selection program to produce the first selected generation (F1).
PDF References Citation
How to cite this article
Mohsen Hmeshe, 2012. Study of Some Production Indicators of Syrian Local Poultry in Coastal Conditions. International Journal of Poultry Science, 11: 108-113.
- Bakhomova, T.E., M.N. Dojolova, Y.L. Galbern and E.E. BoBove, 2005. Characteristics of the triple egg producer hybrid yk, Kopan, 123, the carrier of the automatic identification of sex gene and its efficacy in growing. Proceedings of the Theoretical and Practical Methodology to Chose Egg and Meat Poultry, November 4, 2005, USA., pp: 88-89.
- Dizajl, S.B. and R. Pirmohammadi, 2009. Effect of saccharomyces cerevisiae and bioplus 2B on performance of laying hens. Int. J. Agric. Biol., 11: 495-497.
- Lwelamira, J., G.C. Kifaro and P.S. Gwakisa, 2008. On station and on-farm evaluation of two tanzania chicken ecotypes for body weights at different ages and for egg production. Afr. J. Agric. Res., 3: 843-851.
- Perez-Maldonado, R.A., P.F. Mannion and D.J. Farell, 1999. Optimum inclusion of field peas, faba beans, chick peas and sweet lupins in poultry diets. 1. Chemical composition and layer experiments. Br. Poult. Sci., 40: 667-673.
- Siegee, P.B. and E.L. Wisman, 1966. Selection for body weight at eight weeks of age. 6. Changes in appetite and feed utilization. Poult. Sci., 45: 1391-1397.
- Zatter, O.M. and M.E. Nofal, 2009. Comparsons of laying performance curves for mamourah and silver montazah local chicken strains. Egypt. Poult. Sci., 29: 191-203.