Asian Science Citation Index is committed to provide an authoritative, trusted and significant information by the coverage of the most important and influential journals to meet the needs of the global scientific community.  
ASCI Database
308-Lasani Town,
Sargodha Road,
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-41-8815544
Contact Via Web
Suggest a Journal
Articles by Tufan ALTIN
Total Records ( 4 ) for Tufan ALTIN
  Murat Yilmaz , H. Erbay Bardakcioglu , Turgay Taskin and Tufan Altin
  This study was conducted in order to determine the importance of goat hair and technical and economical characterstics of the workshops where goat hair processed into products in the villages of Olukbasi, Kizilca and Dutagac in the Bozdogan district of Aydin, Turkey. The material of the study consists of 45 enquiries, carried out using the randomly select method to the weavers from these three villages. The ratio of hair-only-weavers and cotton-only-weavers was 68.9 and 17.8%, respectively whereas the number of weavers doing both hair and cotton was 13.3%. The number of people manufacturing hair thread to order was 39 and the ratio of this in the other production forms was 86.7%. Female workers manufactured 3-5 kg of threads daily whereas male workers manufactured 7-10 kg-1 day. The main market enterprise (75.5%) was the sale of the manufactured threads; the other 24.5% of thread was used on their own looms. In conclusion, it could be said that besides processing hair in factories and marketing it, the sustainability of goat hair weaving in traditional family workshops and the increase of their market share will increase the value of goat hair and employment rate positively in the region.
  Murat Yilmaz , Gunes Erdogan , H. Erbay Bardakcioglu , Turgay Taskin and Tufan Altin
  The aim of this study was to determine the effects of the Body Condition Score (BCS) of 53 Saanen does on their reproductive performance 15 days before mating season and at the beginning of the mating season under raised semi intensive conditions. In this study, the does were synchronized in two different periods, one of which was 15 days before the other. Before the introduction of buck to the goats, the goats were weighed after measuring their BCS. Detailed records were kept for herd in year. It was found significant effects of mating period on body weight of does before mating and fecundity (p<0.05); effects of age on body weight of does before mating (p<0.001), body weight of does on birth (p<0.01), fecundity (p<0.01) and litter size (p<0.05), effect of BCS on body weight of does before mating (p<0.001), fecundity (p<0.01) and litter size (p<0.05). The BCS for the highest fecundity and litter size was determined ≥2.01 while the lowest rates for these traits were ≤1.50. Average of body weight of does before mating, body weight of does on birth, kid birth weigh, fecundity and litter size were 35.65, 42.71, 3.44, 0.65, 0.65 and 1.30 kg, respectively.
  Ibrahim Cemal , Orhan Karaca , Tufan Altin , Ozdal Gokdal , Murat Yilmaz and Onur Yilmaz
  The present study was conducted to determine eye muscle (m. longissimus lumborum) properties of Kivircik lambs at weaning. The depth, width and area of eye muscle and the thickness of fat covering this muscle at the cross sectional area between the 12 and 13th ribs was determined using ultrasonic measurements from 90 lambs taken from three different flocks. At this time, the weaning weights of lambs was also recorded. The overall mean weaning weight of lambs was 26.8 kg at 125 days. Weaning weight was found to be significantly affected by flock, sex and birth type of lambs except dam age. Lamb age as a covariate on weaning weight was not a significant effect. Least-squares means for ultrasonic measurement of depth, width and area of eye muscle and backfat thickness were 19.67±0.35 mm, 48.1±0.61 mm, 6.91±0.157 cm2 and 1.2±0.08 mm, respectively. The variation observed between flocks means were higly significant for eye muscle width and area, significant for backfat thickness, but not significant for muscle depth. The lamb sex was found only to be a significant variable for muscle depth. Age of dam and the birth type of lamb were not significant sources of variation for the ultrasonic measurements. All phenotypic correlations within ultrasonic criteria and weaning weights of lambs, were significant and correlation coefficients ranged between 0.36 and 0.85. Lambs are marketed at weaning or a short time thereafter by the majority of breeders in Western Anatolia, such as breeders in Aydin province. It is extremely difficult to take measurements on carcasses in these regions as lambs are mainly marketed or slaughtered as small groups or individually and abattoirs do not record any measurements on carcasses characteristics. In this situation, information on body composition of lambs can be obtained practically by ultrasonic measurements on live animals. When combined in a breeding program with lamb weaning or market weights, these measurements will provide a way to increase both meat yield and the quality of Kivircik lambs.
  Murat YILMAZ and Tufan ALTIN
  The aim of this study was to determine the growth characteristics of lambs of estrus-synchronized ewes in an extensive production system during 2 different periods. The animal material of this study was composed of 325 head Chios x Kıvırcık cross breeds. These lambs were provided by mating 124 Kıvırcık sheep on 2 farms with 8 Chios rams provided by the Adnan Menderes University, Faculty of Agriculture, Sheep Research Unit. The estrus cycles of the ewes were synchronized with intra-vaginal progestagen sponges impregnated with 30 mg of cronolone. After 12-14 days the sponges were removed, the females received an intramuscular injection of 500 IU PMSG, and 5 or 6 ewes were mated with Chios rams. This research lasted for 3 years, and detailed flock records were kept. The average birth weight, average weight of 100-day-old lambs, and average marketing weight of Kivircik x Chios F1 were 3.18 kg, 19.71 kg, and 29.10 kg, respectively. Lambing season, birth type, and the sex of the lambs were found to significantly affect birth weight, which is an important factor in lamb production (P < 0.01). In this study daily gains in the live-weight of 100-day-old lambs and daily gains in the live-weight during the marketing period were 163.07 g and 167.48 g, respectively. Year of birth, lamb sex, and growing methods were significant in determining the characteristics mentioned (P < 0.01). In addition, the 100th day performances indicated significant changes according to the farms, and the performances during the marketing period varied significantly according to the ages of the ewes. The survival rates of lambs up to 100 days of age and the marketing period were 66.81% and 63.57%, respectively. The effect of year was also significant (P < 0.01). The results of this study indicate that, with respect to lamb development and marketing, more advantageous results can be achieved by synchronizing estrus and having earlier births than traditional production methods allow.
Copyright   |   Desclaimer   |    Privacy Policy   |   Browsers   |   Accessibility