Asian Science Citation Index is committed to provide an authoritative, trusted and significant information by the coverage of the most important and influential journals to meet the needs of the global scientific community.  
ASCI Database
308-Lasani Town,
Sargodha Road,
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-41-8815544
Contact Via Web
Suggest a Journal
 
Articles by L. Nazari
Total Records ( 2 ) for L. Nazari
  L. Nazari and H. Pakniyat
  The genetic diversity among cultivated barley with different responses to drought stress was investigated. Initial screens involved growing 16 cultivars under drought conditions in greenhouse. These tests involved 5 tolerant and 5 sensitive types. The results of RAPD analysis indicated its suitability for determination of polymorphism among the samples. Among 30 primers used with RAPD-PCR technique, primers No. 3, 26 and 28 did not assist amplification of any definite bands and primers No. 24, 25 did not produce any scoreable polymorphic bands. In all the 25 selected primers amplified a total of 275 amplicons from 16 barley genotypes were detected, among them, 65 fragments (23.6%) were monomorphic and the rest (76.4%) were polymorphic between one or more genotypes. The cultivar genotypes were clustered according to their simple matching coefficient and complete-link methods. The least similarity was observed between wild genotype (Plot 21) and Valfajr. In general, Rihane with the average of 50.6% and Kavir with the mean of 60.8% had the least and the most similarity with other genotypes, respectively. Primer No. 27 amplified a 600 base pair fragment characteristic of tolerant cultivar lines and absent in susceptible genotypes. Therefore, it is likely that this DNA band be associated with drought tolerance. Clustering on the basis of 51% similarity ranked genotypes into 5 groups. The resulting dendrogram indicated that the cross of tolerant wild genotype (Plot 21) and susceptible Sina genotype which have low genetic similarity, also grouped in distinct cluster. This may be suggested as the most suitable cross to analyze QTLs (Quantitative Trait Loci) involved in drought tolerance.
  L. Nazari and H. Pakniyat
  In order to evaluate quantitative drought resistance criteria in some wild and cultivated barley, sixteen genotypes were tested under two different irrigation regimes (non-stressed and stressed). Plants were subjected to moisture stress at flowering period till maturity. Six drought tolerance indices, Stress Tolerance Index (STI), stress tolerance (TOL), Stress Susceptibility Index (SSI), Yield reduction ratio (Yr), Mean Productivity (MP) and Geometric Mean Productivity (GMP) were used. The indices were adjusted based on grain yield under stress (Ys) and non-stress (Yp) conditions. There were significant differences for all criteria among the genotypes. The significant and positive correlations of Yp with (MP, GMP and STI) and Ys with (MP, GMP and STI), as well as, significant negative correlation of SSI and TOL under stress environment, revealed that selection could be conducted for high values of MP, GMP and STI under both conditions and low values of SSI and TOL under stress condition. The correlation coefficients indicated that STI, MP and GMP are the best criteria for selection of high yielding genotypes both under stress and non-stress conditions. Results of calculated gain from indirect selection indicated that selection under moisture stress would be efficient in yield improvement compared to non-stress condition. Genotypes were significantly different for their yield under stress and non-stress conditions. Arivat (kavir), Aras, Goharjo and Afzal were the most desirable genotypes for both stress and non-stress environments.
 
 
 
Copyright   |   Desclaimer   |    Privacy Policy   |   Browsers   |   Accessibility