Asian Science Citation Index is committed to provide an authoritative, trusted and significant information by the coverage of the most important and influential journals to meet the needs of the global scientific community.  
ASCI Database
308-Lasani Town,
Sargodha Road,
Faisalabad, Pakistan
Fax: +92-41-8815544
Contact Via Web
Suggest a Journal
Trends in Medical Research
Year: 2009  |  Volume: 4  |  Issue: 3  |  Page No.: 42 - 48

Impact of Glycerol, Mannitol, Neurotol and Neurotol Plus Administration in Alcohol Induced Ischemic Rat Model

A. Soni, M. Chaudhary, V.K. Dwivedi, S.M. Shrivastava and R. Sehgal    

Abstract: The aim of the present study was to evaluate the effect of various treatment of glycerol, mannitol, neurotol and neurotol plus on xanthine oxidase, adenylate kinase activities and MDA levels in alcohol induced ischemic rat model. Twenty Wistar rats (weighing 100- 200 g) were divided into four groups, glycerol treated group (20%), mannitol treated group (10%), fixed dose combination of glycerol (10%)+ mannitol (20%) (Neurotol) treated group and neurotol plus treated group (glycerol (10%)+mannitol (10%)). A significant decrease in xanthine oxidase activity, adenylate kinase activity and MDA levels were observed on treatments but decrease was maximum in neurotol plus treated groups suggesting that it has better free radical scavenging activity than glycerol, mannitol and neurotol.

Cited References   |    Fulltext    |   Related Articles   |   Back
   
 
 
 
  Related Articles

 
 
 
Copyright   |   Desclaimer   |    Privacy Policy   |   Browsers   |   Accessibility