Subscribe Now Subscribe Today
Science Alert
 
Blue
   
Curve Top
Science International
  Year: 2013 | Volume: 1 | Issue: 6 | Page No.: 199-202
DOI: 10.17311/sciintl.2013.199.202
 
Facebook Twitter Digg Reddit Linkedin StumbleUpon E-mail

Chemical, In-vitro Protein Digestibility, Minerals and Amino Acids Composition of Edible Peanut Seeds (Arachis hypogaea L.)

M.A.Y. Abdualrahman

Abstract:
Peanut (Arachis hypogaea L.) is the third important oil seed crop of the world in production after soybean and cotton. This study aimed to evaluate the nutritional value of edible peanut seeds grown under rainfed area of Darfur region. For this, peanut was carried out in term of chemical, in-vitro protein digestibility, minerals and amino acids. The proximate analysis of raw peanut was moisture (5.9±0.01%), protein (28.97±0.03%), ash (3.64±0.01%), fat (47.94±0.01%), crude fiber (3.17±0.02%), total carbohydrates (10.38±0.01%) and in-vitro protein digestibility (92.65±0.02%). On the other hand, sodium, calcium, phosphorus, iron and zinc contents were (2.10±0.03, 59±0.01, 254.5±0.01, 2.3±0.03 and 3.7±0.02 mg 100 g-1), respectively. The amino acids results indicated that peanut was superior with respect to phenylalanine, leucine, isoleucine and valine when comparable to those of FAO reference pattern.
PDF Fulltext XML References Citation Report Citation
 RELATED ARTICLES:
  •    Proximate Analysis and Physico-Chemical Properties of Groundnut (Arachis hypogaea L.)
How to cite this article:

M.A.Y. Abdualrahman , 2013. Chemical, In-vitro Protein Digestibility, Minerals and Amino Acids Composition of Edible Peanut Seeds (Arachis hypogaea L.). Science International, 1: 199-202.

DOI: 10.17311/sciintl.2013.199.202

URL: https://scialert.net/abstract/?doi=sciintl.2013.199.202

COMMENT ON THIS PAPER
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 

Curve Bottom