Subscribe Now Subscribe Today
Science Alert
 
Blue
   
Curve Top
Asian Journal of Nematology
  Year: 2012 | Volume: 1 | Issue: 1 | Page No.: 1-12
DOI: 10.3923/ajn.2012.1.12
 
Facebook Twitter Digg Reddit Linkedin StumbleUpon E-mail

Genetic Variation Analysis of Heterodera avenae Wollenweber (Nematoda: Heteroderidae) using ISSR Marker and ITS-rDNA Sequence

W.K. Huang, W.X. Ye, H.Y. Jiang, H.B. Long, H. Peng, G.F. Wang and D.L. Peng

Abstract:
Heterodera avenae is distributed in 13 provinces of China and causes considerable yield losses of wheat. Inter-Simple Sequence Repeats (ISSR) fingerprint patterns and sequence analysis of the ITS region were used for the comparative study of genetic variation of H. avenae. DNAs of second-stage Juveniles from 16 populations of H. avenae and one population of Heterodera filipjevi in 4 provinces were analysed with 3 ISSR primers. Results of ISSR revealed a high genetic diversity (the percentage of polymorphic bands was 78.6%) within H. avenae on a large geographical scale. The analysis of molecular variance (AMOVA) indicated that about 74.8% of the variations resulted from genotypic variations within region and the remaining 25.2% were due to variances among regions. Base transition of ITS-rDNA sequence revealed low intraspecific variation in rDNA of H. avenae. The alignment of 16 sequences in H. avenae covered altogether 1045 nucleotide positions with 4 polymorphic bases. ISSR dataset grouped all populations into two clusters according to their geographical origin. These results suggested two different pathotypes or biological entities existing in the H. avenae species. Hybridization, multiple introductions, passive dispersal by anthropogenic activities and some natural means would probably be responsible for the genetic variation of H. avenae.
PDF Fulltext XML References Citation Report Citation
 RELATED ARTICLES:
  •    Morphology and Morphometrics of Heterodera filipjevi (Madzhidov, 1981) Steller, 1984 From Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Province, Iran
  •    Morphological and Molecular Characterisation of Potato Cyst Nematode Populations from Tunisia and Survey of Their Probable Geographical Origin
  •    Comparative Study of RAPD and ISSR Markers to Assess the Genetic Diversity of Betel Vine (Piper betle L.) in Orissa, India
  •    Morphological and Molecular Characterization of Polycentric Rumen Fungi Belonging to the Genus Orpinomyces Isolated from Indian Cattle and Buffaloes
How to cite this article:

W.K. Huang, W.X. Ye, H.Y. Jiang, H.B. Long, H. Peng, G.F. Wang and D.L. Peng, 2012. Genetic Variation Analysis of Heterodera avenae Wollenweber (Nematoda: Heteroderidae) using ISSR Marker and ITS-rDNA Sequence. Asian Journal of Nematology, 1: 1-12.

DOI: 10.3923/ajn.2012.1.12

URL: https://scialert.net/abstract/?doi=ajn.2012.1.12

COMMENT ON THIS PAPER
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
Curve Bottom