Subscribe Now Subscribe Today
Science Alert
 
Blue
   
Curve Top
Journal of Medical Sciences
  Year: 2007 | Volume: 7 | Issue: 1 | Page No.: 88-93
DOI: 10.3923/jms.2007.88.93
 
Facebook Twitter Digg Reddit Linkedin StumbleUpon E-mail

Efficacy of TTT (Transpupillary Thermotherapy) in Treatment of Myopic Subretinal Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (SNVMs)

Mohamed El-Malt, Mohamed Khaled and Mohamed Abd El-Fatah

Abstract:
The purpose of present study is to evaluate the efficacy of TTT in treatment of myopic choroidal nonvascular membranes (SNVMs). The study included 25 eyes of 25 different patients all suffering from myopic SNVMs. Another 10 eyes of 10 patients were not treated by TTT and were used as control. Marked improvement in the visual acuity of patients suffering from myopic SNVMs in 80% of cases. In the control group, 70% of cases showed deterioration in their VA, whereas the rest 30% remained unchanged. TTT is an effective method in treating myopic SNVMs, as well as an adjuvant therapy for other treatment modalities as PDT. (Photodynamic therapy).
PDF Fulltext XML References Citation Report Citation
How to cite this article:

Mohamed El-Malt, Mohamed Khaled and Mohamed Abd El-Fatah, 2007. Efficacy of TTT (Transpupillary Thermotherapy) in Treatment of Myopic Subretinal Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (SNVMs). Journal of Medical Sciences, 7: 88-93.

DOI: 10.3923/jms.2007.88.93

URL: https://scialert.net/abstract/?doi=jms.2007.88.93

COMMENT ON THIS PAPER
 
 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Curve Bottom